Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I did it, I turned Forty!!!!




I turned 40,40,40,40,40,40,40,40…Oh did I mention I am 40? Ok so now that I am 40…let me tell you what I was doing when I turned 40.December 12th 2010 I turned 40 at the strike of midnight I graduated, into the next phase of my life and I did so in style. One could only expect this from me; the control freak that needed everything to be about me, and it was!!!!! The house was decorated in the “40 is Sexy” theme, donning pink boas, white candles, sparkly silver bows, sexy glasses, chocolate penis candy , little chocolate titties, offensive loot bag fillers, tons of food and copious amounts of alcohol. 



My mission for the night was to show my friends/life supporters how appreciative I am for the support, love and friendship. I wanted not one single person to have to do anything or bring anything to my home. I wanted a night where I would be spoiling them. Oh and I wanted them drunk drunk drunk, so that when I carried on like a silly little spoiled brat about my party….they would be too drunk to notice! hahahahah


I had already had the pleasure a couple of days before my party to have had lunch with a friend, which was also the first “40th” birthday wish, card and gift…..(stop the press) did I mention gift…. Well let me tell you about this orgasmically, incredible, swell, eye watering, perfectly designed ME gift. From my “Fuck it” list itself, designed right out of the pages of my very own blog, A sling shot, oh you say that is it, come on it wasn’t any old sling shot, but a blinged out rhinestone covered, silver sparkly egg tossing Princess patented sling shot! Also and if that wasn’t already enough, a complete dozen eggs to be used with my new weapon, on each and every egg was an adorable saying …my fav eggs-ecutioner !!! When I opened the gift I could barely contain myself from the laughter that naturally flowed out of me..people in the restaurant were staring and for good reason, I was laughing hysterically and holding what appeared to be a black hard plastic handled contraption. The rumour mill “Les gave Christine a strap on thingy” and they would be partially correct considering the sling shot would have the same orgasmic affect on me!!



This may have been my fav gift, considering it was a personal message that he got, and he brought it to life for me. Not to mention it is not usual behaviour for men to hot glue anything, especially rhinestones! So…from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU LES!



Now back to the ringing in 40 bash…. So the family was first to arrive, shortly after my best male (ball-less) friend and his wife arrived and within 10 minutes or so, the Hells Angels invaded. The party instantly started, the vodka I V poles were hooked up, and the fix began. Shot after shot after shot, it was fantastic! As my mission was to get them drunk lude  and naked, oh wait that was last weekend …ok never mind.  We danced our asses off, well I know I did, now I can’t recall if anyone danced with me, ..... if I was alone dancing no one cared; they just let me have fun. For one night, probably the only night I have ever had where I could be the REAL me, it was wonderful to let my hair down and just soak in the night.



Despite the fact that I asked them to not bring gifts they did….I was paraded to a chair where I was to sit and have the attention taken from the bar and placed on me. They stood around while I drunkenly opened gifts that were heart felt and incredibly kind. The personalized trinkets were amazing. The cowboy hat with 40 suckers and sign that read “40 sucks” was fitting, as well as the penis shaped cookies iced with “40 blows”. I also received a pink sparkly Double Dare for Girls Book, (which has not left my hands since, the ideas are a brewing!!!!) Gifts are done, let’s do a shot!


Several hours continued with a continual flow of alcohol and laughter. I was asked at one point in the night to go upstairs as they had a surprise for me. I immediately ran to my bedroom to disappointingly find it empty! I thought for sure some young hot pool boy would be waiting for me…anyways I decided to take advantage of being in my room and took the time to do a quick costume change. My beautiful pink crystal covered Princess gown, rhinestone tiara and glass slippers! Hahah I would surprise them!


A few minutes later I was called to come down stairs, I was to be surprised by them, and yet when I came down stairs dressed as a princess singing “Some where over the rainbow” they laughed, wait they laughed???? At me or with me??? (make a few calls today and figure that one out) They had me sit on a chair while everyone crowded around me…. Elvis appeared out of no where and began serenading me. My friend Ron actually took the time to get an Elvis costume for me…Really? Someone actually did that for me? I love Elvis and have often joked that Elvis is waiting for me at the gate of His jungle room mmmmmmmm
…(ok I am back had to take a quick cold shower) anyways



One of Elvis’s go go male dancers was along his side, dancing thong and all , oh did I say ball because I think there were two, well actually it seemed like a whole lot more than 2, but then I was really drunk and he was moving so so fast.. I can not tell you how I felt other than to repeat what I hear myself in the video say “ I can’t breathe” and that was it. I laughed so hard that I stopped breathing……..


 I am truly a blessed woman to have such incredibly daring and wonderful friends go out of their way to make my night enjoyable. The cake, my beautiful mom and sisters took care of getting me a cake, “Just Saying Happy Birthday” , blog style with a beautiful Wonka bar on the side, as I love Willy Wonka… anyways they had me stand up and make a wish before I blew out my candles. I stood there for what seemed like an eternity. I had a pretend scroll wish list that I was to unravel at that point as a joke but, as drunk as I was I felt sober for that second. I mustered I can’t wish It has already come true.... I fought back a tear or two, as I knew right at that very moment absolutely everyone in the room and I were thinking the exact same thing. I know it because it filled me with a complete sense of joy and peace. 40 more was all I could bring myself to think…..and I know they all wanted that for me.



I tried to not get emotional that night. I did a good job! I wanted to say Thank you to everyone for coming but I just couldn’t bring myself to stand and bring up anything that was emotional. I would have cried. They all knew how important this night was for me, and they all know why, enough said. The greatest gift I got that night…. Allowed to be me for one whole night. I was for one night a blinged out sling shot carrying,  princess glass slipper wearing , shot taking , dance freak, with a whole lot of friends and family that love me A LOT!!



Thank you to my family and my friends for what was truly one of my greatest nights YET!
~Christine~


Cheers to 40 & 40 MORE

1 comment:

  1. Christine,

    I'm so glad you had the memorable party you were dreaming about.

    Hmmm.... so now you're over 40! Now what???

    ReplyDelete