Friday, March 4, 2011

I win.

Is it possible that there are times in our lives that we meet people that become a barrier to our happiness? Is it possible that a single person could actually purposely bring misery and strife? The answer is yes and yes again. I can tell you that I have experienced this first hand that is to say I have had a “friend” in my life that has caused me a great deal of heart ache.

In fact her disguise was friendship, at first it was genuine concern and pure consideration for me and my feelings. It was like this for a great period of time; until that is she burrowed her way into my life. At that point it was very difficult to manage the trueness of who she was. I had a difficult time understanding her actions. It was when I stopped trying to understand her that I was able to decipher what she was truly all about, and eventually not allow her to be any part of my life.

It is easy to go to bed at night thinking that all is right with the world and that there aren’t people in the world suffering. To believe that all people have good intentions and would never bring harm to another individual is what God would have wanted for this world. But there is no reality in this statement. The truth is there is war; there is hunger and great suffering throughout our world. Individuals are responsible for many horrible actions against others. To try and even comprehend why this is so is quite mind boggling. If we truly knew the answers there would be no need for rules, laws or policing agencies.

Sometimes we manage through no fault of our own to encounter individuals that have a mission to tear us down. Be it for many reasons, but simply put it could very well be because of jealousy. You may represent the very thing that person is missing in their life. I like to think that the reason my enemy is so hell bent on tearing away at my happiness/peace is because she has none in her life. I have learned that the very fabric of who we are and what we have cannot be destroyed. My relationship with my immediate family is strong; the ties that hold me and my children together cannot be cut, ripped, stretched, torn or broken down in any way. Together we have built a solid relationship based on trust, honesty and pure unconditional love. There is not one person on this earth that could ever change that, ever. No matter what lengths any individual is ever willing to go to tear it down.

It is however disheartening to think that an individual would seek pleasure out of causing another person’s grief or sorrow. The self gratification that one would get from destroying a person or their family is not God’s will. I believe that each one of us has a purpose on this earth and that is to bring forth the love and compassion that we were created within. (His image). Yes as individuals we do fail from time to time, but that is the beauty of our faith, we can lose our way but we are always guided back to the right path. It is up to us as individuals to make that choice to be on the right path; unfortunately some never chose that option. For that I feel saddened for them.

Many of you, my readers/followers have written to me and contacted me directly to engage in conversation about your own personal struggles, and for that I thank you, and congratulate you for doing so. I have also been humbled many times with your encouragement; to think that I inspire anyone of you is an incredible feeling. It is easy for me at times to fall victim to my own self pity, and I need to remind me on occasion that my life could be worse off. I also need to remind my own self of the blessings I have right here in my home. My children truly are my best friends, and I cannot imagine one single day without them in my life. They inspire me to reach within me and find the strength I need to face my own life head on, as I expect the same from them.


Life throws us huge challenges each and every day, not one person reading this blog can deny this. How we chose to allow the struggles to affect us, or change us is up to us. I chose to forge ahead with my mission to be happy, joyous and full of smiles. I am thankful for everything I have in my life, I chose to celebrate that. The truth in my statement is beyond words, I truly have no material goods, I am without a doubt able to say that I am a millionaire. What I have cannot be bought sold or traded. There is no price on contentment, happiness and our self worth. Owning a big business, or home or having every toy you could imagine is not the same as having a family or friends that love and support you.

I have met women in my support groups that have experienced horrible encounters with individuals in their own circle that have violated their trust. One of the issues that these victims face is simply why? Why would this person do this to me? And the truth is there probably will never be a reason for it, other than the fact that the person, who violated them, was not capable of deciphering between right and wrong. It is not for us to figure out someone else’s actions, we are only accountable for our own. They did what they did by their own accord. They will have to live with their actions and stand in judgment some day.

What about the fact that there are people who do something wrong to you, and believe what they are doing is right? The self righteousness they have about tearing you down is empowering to their way of being. These people in my opinion, are evil. They justify their actions or reactions based on ill thought out schemes. Gossiping, changing stories and even betraying the confidentiality of close loved ones these individuals are empty broken people. They are not worth our time or our energy trying to figure them out or even justifying a response to their actions.

When we get together with our friends why not talk about the positive in others. It is up to us to be positive spiritual people. It is our duty to bring happiness and joy to our environment and encourage others through our actions to do the same. A group of laughing people very easily becomes a crowd.

I have personally been a victim to a “friend” who on every account has tried to ruin me. She is no different to me than the cancer that lives within me, neither will ever defeat me. We have the ability to set our own rules and live by the right ones. The individuals that chose to beat off the right path will never be able to enjoy true peace or happiness as I am sure their circles of friends get smaller and smaller as they expose themselves for who they truly are.

To my true and dear friends I love you and thank you for loving me as much as you do. I am so glad I am embraced by your unconditional love and support. We are one in my journey.

~Christine~

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe we all have people who latch on to us and drag us down. These people convince themselves they are right - all the time- and if confronted or had to stand behind their own actions would never be able to stand up to scrutiny. They are pariahs. They are the 'cancer' that drags everyone us down for their own selfish illogical fulfillment. They are cowards and they are the lowest common denominator.
    I hope your pariah has latched onto some other 'cause'. Cowardly individuals have no place in a civilized society. They are squeaky wheels and all of us should learn to let 'those' wheels fall off. There is no fix for self involved snivelling little rats in our lives because they aren't smart enough to know they are wrong.

    Good Blog CB. I wish I had thought of the topic.

    ReplyDelete