Sunday, August 29, 2010

Turning the B I G 40……………

Last night I had the pleasure of attending a party for one of my oldest and dearest friends; to celebrate her milestone birthday of 40. I was in complete and utter disbelief that we are in fact of that age. I know 40 is not really that old, but to me it is. I am not disappointed that I am turning 40 this year or that I am getting older it is just that……life seems to be happening too fast. Going by too quick, actually.

To be honest, I am scared shit less of time. Time is the most evil concept… I don’t feel in any way that I have even grown up yet. Go ahead and ask me what I want to be when I grow up and I will tell you straight up; OLD. That is my answer! 

Material wealth has no bearing on what will make me happy. I am not about “the house” the “cars”, the “cottage”. Really I could throw it all away. The only thing I wish to be is; a pain in the ass old lady that has too much make up on, saggy breasts, god awful gray hair and a foul mouth when speaking of the youth. (Oh and have a hot young pool boy)

I reconnected with many wonderful people last night and honestly enjoyed myself immensely. Behind my laughter and my “ham like” behaviour I was choked up inside. I wish I could have freeze framed the night and sat there for an eternity. I SOOO LOVED the atmosphere. I really didn’t want the night to end. 

Many times through out the night I found myself trying to retrace our lives and figure how we got to where we are today. Married/Divorced, children, jobs everything! I mean it seems like it was just yesterday that we were getting into trouble, hanging out, every waking moment. Here were are 20 years later....WOW. 

I cried many times; but not out of sadness,  out of pure and utter love for where I am right now. I am home and doing this, reconnecting…… and falling in love all over again!

I am sure that not one individual at the party realized the gift that they were giving to me; Friendship, and a memory….. a memory that will be now etched into my mind and soul for all eternity. Here it was her big night and I feel like I received the gifts.

I am at the point in my life where I feel like I finally get it! Life is all about moments; moments of joy, happiness and sharing. It is that simple. "Live ,  Laugh,  Love "I have never been a big cliché kind of person, but I have become a weeping, sentimental, sappy wanna hold hands and sing Kumbaya kind of gal.

I am excited about turning 40 (in 105 days wink wink). But, I will be even happier to make it to 50,no wait 60, 
OK fuck it, 100!

God Bless you Fayarama, thank you for one of the best nights that I have had, and needed  in a very long time. Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment