Monday, August 30, 2010

Professional Procrastinator………………..




I Christine Berry being of sound mind confess that I am in fact a procrastinator. There I said it; it’s official. Today is the day I decided to reveal some of my flaws, as I think it is healthy to concede and admit that as an individual I do have flaws, and I am not perfect. (Even though I am).



Procrastinate-

To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.

To postpone or delay needlessly.



Personally I find the definition offensive, as I am the furthest from “careless, or lazy”. My day planner/schedule is full. I am booked most days. I am chief bottle washer, nose wiper, taxi driver , atm, meal maker, candle stick maker….. so why call myself a procrastinator?



I am a dreamer, Like Willy Wonka… I just think all things are possible. I am a writer, but now I want to be a painter, I want to be photographer, I want to open a restaurant, I want to drive a transport, I want to open an antique shop, I want to travel, and I really want to be a free spirited love/sex goddess. Problem? It is all about me and sadly I have forgotten how to be motivated when it comes to reaching my own goals.



I wake up every single day with the excitement of a brand spanking new day. I drink my coffee and fantasize of ways I will make this day unforgettable, memorable and then nothing happens. I deflate! I have intermingled with many people that could in fact assist in making anyone of my “dreams” come true, and yet I never act on them. I am apprehensive when it comes to doing what I need to do for myself. Parking tickets, sure I will pay that ……at license renewal time, 100 times the actual fee….



Did I mention that I drove my vehicle without renewing my stickers for 2 years? That also would indicate that I seldom wash my vehicle either, and you would be correct in your thoughts that the inside is ………oh boy!  (This is fun, this cleansing of the self…)



I have been banned from every single video rental store in Sarnia. (I have an incredible collection of DVDS by the way.) I leave my bills in the mailbox until pay days… I never make follow up appointments with doctors, even though I should. I usually wait until they call me.  Garbage days, or is it garbage month? Raking the leaves…why?... they help my snow look thicker than everyone else’s. Get groceries? I am sure there is at least a table spoon of milk left in the bag…..come on!



I create stress in my life by not just picking up the god damn phone and doing exactly what I should… so I have deemed myself a “Professional Procrastinator”.



Not just a procrastinator, a "professional" procrastinator because I am just that good at it. However, for some bizarre reason or another I will do anything for any one else. Give me a list to complete and bingo I am your gal, just don’t put anything on your list that involves me doing something for me!


3 comments:

  1. LMFAO!!!

    Oh, so that's why you moved back to Tecumseh...so you can rent videos!

    I believe we've already been through this drill. You're a Sagittarius remember!?
    Start a million tasks, finish none.
    That means you are normal with 1/12 of the population.

    Love the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Les I got a membership at Block Buster this week.... but I was too afraid to rent as I thought they would recognize me. You know the picture behind the desk "wanted". So for now I am just a proud card carrying member!

    I start nothing , therefore I can not be accused of not finishing anything....hahah

    Thanks for loving my blogs!
    ~Christine~

    ReplyDelete
  3. LoL!

    I've got a moustache and hat you could borrow.

    ReplyDelete