Tuesday, September 7, 2010

It is Back to School Day …..




The day that many parents await after a long hot summer, and most children dread. I am a parent of three children and every year I dread the start of school. Not because I am loosing my time with the girls or that I hate the lunch duty/driving routines; my reason is a bit more selfish. Each year when the start of school comes along, there seems to be an awakening of some sort, like a fresh beginning in the fall. Mostly associated with childhood, the end of summer was like a right of passage, new grade, and becoming the older kid on the school yard. Older and wiser, and with that came an opportunity to change, be different somehow.

Each and every year I feel depressed The Labour Day weekend, like somehow I am being left behind, unable to have my opportunity to start a new. I want to run out buy a new back pack, crayons, markers, lunch box and new white socks. I must admit I even thought of going back to school this September just to fulfill that need to start over. But clearly I am done with school and really have no interest in doing so.

I am very excited that my daughters are all in high school together. Ashley grade 12, Melissa grade 11, and my baby Samantha grade 9. I have to admit, seeing them all dressed in their uniforms today, and attending my high school; I was envious. I watched them exit my vehicle and head towards the building of all possibilities, and all I could think of….lucky bastards.

So today in honour of doing something to start anew….. I will go to Staples and purchase myself a back pack, crayons, markers, a few cool pens, and a new journal. I will also call my publisher and make a start on my new book, which will be written by me, 
no pen names….  
( no procrastinating today) The Fall of 2010 is all about new opportunities and starting over, and just think I am in my new town, Tecumseh, my old/new home town. I am excited that I am here; starting anew, fresh clean beginnings. 


Parental Brag... 3 Teenagers 
Yes I will take the credit for creating such beauties LOL

Look Out St.Annes Here Come the Boulos Girls!


No comments:

Post a Comment