Monday, March 10, 2014

Day 8-Friends

Amongst all of my blogs I have spoken of friends and friendship; the family that you choose. Friends are the added bonus to your life on top of the family you already have. I usually use Patsy as a point of reference in a lot of my blogs and that is because I have known and loved her since I was even too young to remember. There is a lot I want to say about "friends" and the power of good ones....

What is a friend? My definition of what a friend is to me...it is a person who you choose to best reflect who you are as a person or who you wish to become. Patsy is my oldest friend; since kindergarten actually. Patsy is not just a friend she is my sister in all senses of the word. We have grown up together and have re-invented ourselves over and over again and yet we still have managed to remain one. There are so many qualities about this woman that I wish could be a part of my own chemical make up. However I celebrate them in her and see many of those characteristics in her incredible daughters.

The best part about our friendship is the unconditional love we celebrate. No matter how screwed up I am, she loves me and always, always has my back. How many of you can say that about another living soul?

One day, one month..6 months can go by and the phone will ring or the door is knocked upon and it is right where it was left. That is love; the kind of love that only Patsy and I could have for one another. From 5- 43 I have been incredibly blessed. Truthfully I could not be a whole person without her and her children in my life.

Together we have avoided the "beat downs" KB, we have sat in Paisley Park "just waiting", Janet Jackson has nothing on this dancer....bitch please. Cheer leader of the year! Although at times she wasn't so smart; like hiding vodka in a rinsed out shampoo bottle...or lighting a match and throwing it backwards and hitting the front of my wedding dress...don't worry the lace that burnt.... I was able to cover with my bouquet!Once she even threw rocks at a brand new car while the guy was sitting in it....it just so happens he was a guy that I was dating and she was right he was an A hole...she was just protecting me.

Your children; my children ...I am so blessed to know them and did you know Patsy that all 3 of my girls look up to you. I know that in my absence you will be who they run to...for all the right reasons as you are an extension of my heart.I love you Patsy, Riley & Sloane to the moon and back.

 Darrin Drouillard- Quite simply you are an amazing man. Another friend I have known since 5. We are family. To imagine that since the age of 5 we have grown up together and here we are today at 43 and such good friends....that blows me away.Our friendship as children was a bond that either of us even knew.

So here you are at 43; a man of steel! I am so very proud of you. I have had the pleasure of meeting your wife and your incredible sons...You sir have risen to heights that others should envy. Darrin just so you know, the day you came to tell me about our graduation and our dance....melted me. I had no idea but I am forever changed by what you shared with me. Thank you for being my friend.


Now I am not going to call out everyone as  don't have enough hours in the day to write about everyone however I will share this.

Throughout my life I have had the pleasure of meeting many wonderful and meaningful people  who have helped shape and mold me as a person. I have been able to pick up qualities from each, and therefore  I am a person made up of my "friends".

It is important to surround yourself with family but just as important is having a good circle of friends...even just one best one. It is amazing to see when you are down and out how many people pop up and try to bring you up. Look at me...I am overwhelmed at the number of people who care about me, and consider me a "friend"...that is quite the blessing. 

Friends are not required or obligated to you for anything,they just choose to. I am not sure what I would do without my friends, all of you complete me, support me, like me and dare I say love me. I just wanted to reflect tonight on the power of friendship; it knows no lengths and has no restrictions. Being a friend is just as important as having one. I love, adore and respect each of you. Thank you for enriching my life so very much.
~Christine~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment