Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day 27-Too Big a Load



Do you ever feel like just when you do the happy dance because you are moving ahead; you meet up with an obstacle that pushes you back even farther from where you started? 


Ok here is another one….Karma is a bitch. Does that mean that all the crap that is happening to me is because I did something? 


Good things happen to good people?-----Hello I am waving…..oh, ok then


God does not give you more than you can handle….I always thought God helped us through our trials; not give us hardship..


Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me- I would rather get struck by a stick or stone any day….words leave permanent scars 
(oh want to see my pantie pic again?)


You are what you eat- 102lbs consisting of diet coke (mainly diet coke) , cheddar smart pop,(diet coke) poutine (diet coke)& sour keys….oh yeah diet coke


The Lord never gives us what we want …he gives us what we need.- I need my wants! LOL 


An apple a day keeps the doctor away- that does NOT work


What goes around ---comes around-  not always, unless you are referring to me running around the mulberry tree than I guess if I went around …then I came back around……..


Where ever you go …..you can never be rid of yourself- That is my favourite. The worst person in this world to be mad at is you; you can’t avoid the calls, or not answer the door…..


If it wasn’t for bad luck….I would have no luck at all. OK you have to admit that is me.1 in a 10 million chance of getting a rare cancer ….(check) and yet I can’t win a free coffee and my chances are 1 in 20! WTF

Clearly all of these types of quotes or proverbs have been written and known for centuries (perhaps written slightly different). Hardship and disappointments  are not new today.  I can attest to feeling all of those quotes…obviously that is why I picked them and I certainly could have listed many more that applied to me directly.  There are some days, especially like today that I question my load. I am NOT going to compare my life to anyone else’; as we all have our own and there is no measure for hardship. Truth; even our blessings can be a load that is too heavy to carry. 

My daughters are at the peak of a mountain ready to sky rocket off into the sky of their own future, and I want to be here to see where they land. Some people invest their money to enjoy the return in retirement. I have given those girls my life; they are my investment and I want to enjoy my return of that investment. “If I could go back in time and do it all over again”…..another statement EVERYBODY uses. Truth is I would never want to go back and do anything again. I would not change one thing. If I did change anything I may not have the girls I have today. Their strong character and courage is because of the load our family has carried. They are better women for it.

It is so difficult to look at all of my own hardships and wonder why I have been dealt so many bad hands. Am suggesting that I am too good a person to not have problems? No, it just seems that every time I turn around I have to deal with another thing. It makes it difficult to navigate in the right direction when you constantly need to take alternate routes. The foundation of success is having a foundation……and perhaps that is what I lack. I can honestly say that life has thrown us into a completely different environment than we once were; I have yet to figure out how to plant my feet. Perhaps if life wasn’t so difficult at times I would be facing my illness solely; and perhaps handling it much better.

That is why this journey is very important to me. I want ….no need to be in a better place to accept whatever it is that I face.  We all need to do that…..not just when facing possible death. My load has been heavy and I am tired of carrying it; alone. 

Going back to the quotes at the start of the entry…. I don’t really believe in Karma the way most people look at it. We use Karma quotes as hopeful revenge ….that is not right. We should never wish anything negative on another person. You can just walk away and stop engaging with that other person; send them on their way, end of story. Your revenge is no different than their initial action against you. God judges us all in the end; we have no right to do so.

The idea of moving forward and getting knocked back…..might just be because I am not in the right frame of mind…I am not settled so in turn I make bad choices and in the end the troubles are indirectly caused or enabled by me… ( that was a huge pill to swallow!)…although I have to also admit that some of things we faced were and continue to be out of our control.

God not giving us more than we can handle? I know a lot of people say this but, I disagree and this is why. I don’t believe in any way that God gives us trials and turbulence in our lives. He gives us strength to deal with the evil that is so very present in our world. I will tell you this, I talk about how much joy I had going to church as a child and singing in the choir…when I was 14 my niece was taken from our lives at the hand of another person. She was not quite 2 years old. I hated God for letting this happen. How dare he not save her! Many people told me “God does not give us more than we can handle” so if I am to believe that; then somehow he is responsible. I believed that for many years. I choose to believe that he carried me and my family through that horrific period in our lives. MY GOD would never have allowed that or given that to us; Ever, it was the evil that exists in this world that took her not my God. I know that she is in heaven with his glory not by his might.  
 (DEEP BREATH- so don’t even go there) If I had not as an adult realized the truth I would not be so joyful about my faith. 
Sticks and stones and name calling- I believe this to be one of the worst things you can brainwash a child to believe. As a child I would have rather had the piss beat out of me than had the name calling. I know the impact of words. I have scars so deep in me from them, that they still cause me to question my self- worth.

An apple a day- hahaha I love this, I eat a fuji apple every morning so….. if I believed that I would be cured, hell I would have sex with an apple if I knew it would cure me… sorry mom….I am so inappropriate at times but that is why you all loooooovvve me so much.

With respect to bad luck….I don’t believe in that kind of stuff; only because I never have “luck” or “windfalls”. But if my husband and my three incredible daughters could equal a lottery; it would be the world’s largest payout in history.

Life throws everyone a curveball…everyone; some of us just have a few more at one time than others. Along the way I have managed to meet some of the most amazing people. Many that I treasure so close to my heart and soul. These people were met in very low times and in places that only you would be if you too were suffering. The kind of friends that when they say “I know how you feel”…you know they do.

Today has been a roller coaster for me. I woke up feeling like I didn’t want to get out of bed. I am exhausted beyond belief. The pressure is mounting; even the thoughts while I sleep are of despair, worry and fear. I am struggling with knowing exactly what I should do right now for me. Outside of purging my deepest secrets and fears; I am trying to figure how I can take the time for just me. The daily routine of family is something I live for but right now I wish the demands were a bit less.  I also wish there was a stop button on my clock….and just sit idle and breath.


 I forced myself to go out and enjoy the sun. I went to my favourite spot; by the water. I enjoy staring out into the horizon as it makes me feel that there is no end. The possibilities are in abundance; it gives me hope. I am so determined to make my life richer and fuller. It is hard to even know what I should be feeling, thinking or even doing with my time. My thoughts change with each blink of an eye. I can go from joyous to desperate with one single thought. I have so much that I still long to achieve.


 I am deciding today that my cancer will not win; and that I will be on such a good path to righteousness once I get out of the hospital. I only have to look back upon my “troubled” life to see how far I have come and how many demons I beat the shit out of already, to know that I am ready to smile without it hurting inside. I look at my life with Pat and the girls as this….we have weathered some pretty big storms and have had a colourful life; somehow we managed to collect all the colours and formed our very own rainbow. Our family is our pot of gold.

~Christine~

No comments:

Post a Comment